The Kiss & Ride program is in need of volunteers for this week. It takes 15 minutes of your time to help Northlea students have a safe drop-off on Sutherland (and to help keep this program running)!
Please use the link below to sign up to volunteer:
What is the Kiss and Ride program?
Our Kiss & Ride program monitors and helps our students to move quickly and safely from their cars in the morning. This program has operated for many years to make morning arrival safe and we consider it an essential service for our students. We encourage everyone who uses the service to sign up for at least one shift per school year (more would be great).
Here are some notes on how to use the Kiss & Ride Program:
- PSP Kiss and Ride Map
- The drop off zone is on the West side of Sutherland just South of Divadale. The zone will be marked by orange cones on the sidewalk and will be located just north of the entrance path to the school grounds. Drop times: 8:30 to 8:45
- Have your kids ready to go. Backpacks on laps, kisses already given. If you have to get something out of the trunk, do not use the Kiss and Ride – park in one of the legal parking spaces on Broadway, Donlea or Divadale. Please note that your child needs to be old/mature enough to walk independently into the school yard from the car drop off.
- Be patient and wait your turn. Cars will be queuing to drop off, so please head south on Sutherland and join the back of the queue. Follow the instructions given by the PSP volunteers (wearing orange safety vests). Obey the stop sign at Divadale and watch for kids crossing.
- Do NOT stop in the Divadale intersection. If the line is long, please wait at the Stop sign until you can proceed completely, and safely, through.
- When it is your turn, remain in your car and unlock your doors. The volunteer will open the passenger door.
- Once the door is closed, please check for traffic and exit the drop zone slowly and carefully.
- Don’t forget to smile and thank your volunteer.
For your own convenience and everyone’s safety please try to avoid driving northbound on Sutherland during the Kiss and Ride period.
Please note that we are recruiting a Kiss & Ride Coordinator. If you’re interested please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.