Offered through the Home and School Association, the Northlea Chess Club is open to children from grades one to eight. Children at the lower levels will learn to play chess while the kids at higher levels improve on their strategies.
This program runs for 8 weeks each term on Wednesdays during lunch hour. Chess teachers, some of whom are competitive chess players, are brought in through the Chess & Math Association.
All programs will run pending TDSB permits and minimum class size requirement.
If you would like to enroll your child in any of the programs and finances present a barrier to involvement, please speak with Ms. Sandler. The discussion will be held in confidence.
Girls only chess classes. Note: minimum number of girls required to run the girls chess club.
Northlea Home & School is pleased to offer the Chess Club in the 2019 – 2020 school year. Instruction is provided by the Toronto Chess ‘N Math Association.
- The Chess Club is open to any student in grades 1 to 8.
- There are 3 sessions. Each session is 8 weeks long.
- The program runs from 11:35am to 12:40pm every Wednesday.
- Children must bring a packed lunch and eat it during the lesson.
This school year’s session dates are:
|Fall:||October 16 – December 4|
|Winter:||January 22 – March 4|
|Spring:||April 8 – May 27|
Registration for the Winter session is until Friday, January 17:
- No late registrations accepted
- We are limited in the number of spaces available and acceptance will be on a first come basis
- All students must register including those who have taken the class previously.
- Chess Registration Form !!! Please make cheque payable to “Northlea Home and School Association” !!!
ADVANCED REGISTRATION FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR
What is advanced registration?
For those families who know their child would like to participate in more than one session this year, we are offering options to register in advance.
Advanced registration means you only complete one registration and you pay the applicable discounted fee: $160 for 2 sessions and $225 for 3 sessions. With advanced registration, your child is automatically assigned space in the sessions you have prepaid.
What if I pay for advanced registration but decide to cancel a future session?
Sessions can only be cancelled prior to that session’s registration date. The request to cancel must be in writing (please email: firstname.lastname@example.org), by the following dates:
- Winter session cancellation: January 27, 2020.
Refunds will reflect a per session fee of $85 and may take a few weeks to process.
Do I still have the option to register on a session-by-session basis?
Yes, as in previous years, you can choose to register for one session at a time. The fee is $85 per session.
Please register below through our secure online system: